Re: autoloading module for pcmcia network card

I have to apologize. I don't know why, i didn't read it carefully, bit it's
said even in the HOWTOs and Readme's that Cardbus cards are the 32 bit 3,3
Volt technology, where the 'older' (5 Volt) PCMCIA cards are 16 bit.
As i understand it now, both can be Type II or Type III formats, possibly
looking quite similar, but they are keyed in such a way that you can't insert
a CardBus card into a notebook that doesn't have a CardBus compatible slot.
I turned it exactly the wrong way. I really shouldn't answer mails after
midnight :| or more often do google lessons...
I remember i felt unsure and looked upon a an Asix 16 bit card laying around
here claiming to be able for 100mbit performance (100Base TX). Also i
misinterpreted bits like '16 bit cards in cardbus sockets'... no stop it, no
excusions. I should throw my keyboard out the window. Excuse me.

Now i _did_  google, and to make it clear to evryone i might have confused i
recommend the following site:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/network/20011210/nic-03.html
and
http://www6.tomshardware.com/network/20011210/nic-02.html

Sorry, Thomas, in this light i have to correct my comments, or say you have
to exchange each 'cardbus' with 'pcmcia'...;-/
Hotplug is the better choice for (32bit) cardbus cards, pcmcia-cs for 16 bit
pcmcia cards, according to the hotplug HOWTO. You might have found that out
yet, though. So assuming you've got an 'ordinary' 16 bit pcmcia card, you
probably should stick to pcmcia-cs. I hope the rest of my comments basically
are right, though.

micha.