Re: Mouse cursor corrupted on "BAT LOW" warning

I found a workaround:  Switching from a hardware cursor to a software
cursor.

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
	Section	"Device"
		Driver	"ati"
		Option	"SWCursor"

The file /usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86/README.ati.gz
(ver. 2001 April 10), section 5.10, cautions that a software cursor is
"much slower", however I vaguely remember reading some other source
that said the difference was minor.  Experience will tell.

If it is a performance hit, I'll need to look into solving the hardware
cursor problem.  Is the bug *necessarily* with the graphics adapter's
firmware?  Or is it more likely in the driver?  i.e. Should I first
pursue looking into a firmware upgrade or looking into the xserver
driver?

Thanks!

--Neil