problems with framebuffer

Hi,

I have a strange problem: I run linux progress patch (LPP) for
displaying nice graphical logo during the boot. My splash screen is
large (1024x768), and my console is therefore set to /dev/tty2 (to avoid
cluttering up the boot screen).

I can work normally since the system is up; it happens, however, that
sometimes my display get stuck on splash screen when I accidentally
switch into first virtual terminal (alt-f1, alt-arrows) and I can't
switch back into any other virtual terminal. The system is up, but the
display seems to get stucked - and I can only ctrl-alt-del from this
place.

Is there any way to avoid this? my "append=" line in lilo.conf contains
"video=vesa:ywrap" and I'm using fbgetty instead of regular getty.

Hardware: Compaq Armada M700.

--
Lukasz