Re: Samsung Q10 Boot from Firewire/iee1394, Netinstall and Knoppix aren't working too.

Hallo Eduard,

  I've tried that. Now lsmod shows me that there are usb modules, ieee1394,
sbp2 loaded, which is serious progress, still it doesn't mount them and I
don't know how to do that by hand. Actually I tried to mount /dev/sd0 sd1 sda
sda0 sda1 sbp2(or similar) ... with no success. Any idea? Anything I can watch
out for? /var/log/messages doesn't contain anything useful.

  The funny thing is that meanwhile I tried Knoppix 3.1. But this doesn't
work either. I get "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem." and am back at a "very
limited" shell. lsmod doesn't return any result, insmod ieee1394 returns "no
module by that name found" and mount triggers a Kernel panic. (FAT: bogus logical
sector size 0).

  The other problem is that I have a problem with the net installer. The
"official" one yields in errors (see other posting) and I've also seen at
debian.org that you've got one. The link just got me to the same page as for the
bootbf2.4.iso. Is this also a net installer? If so, how do I use the net-part
of it?

Bye,
Mariano