Re: online/offline exim config

Joao Pedro Clemente <jpcl@rnl.ist.utl.pt> writes:

> I haven't understood this reply: If you just start exim when you get
> online, what happens when you try to send mail while offline? If exim is
> not running, will it not fail?!?

Exim is always ready on my laptop. Not started directly, but using inetd
capabilities...

/etc/inetd.conf:
[...]
smtp		stream	tcp	nowait	mail	/usr/sbin/exim exim -bs
[...]

So, when I send local mail, it is queued.

Once connected, exim is started with -qf option by script in /etc/ifplugd/
or any software you can use for plug/unplug mode.

--
Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs.
	-- Alfred Hitchcock