Re: Kernel panic: No init found.

    "diana" == diana tanase <dt520180@uni.edu> writes:

    diana> Hi, I've been trying to install Debian (kernel version
    diana> 2.20) on Sony Vaio PCG-GT1. Since I don't have a working
    diana> CD-ROM I went ahead and created a floppy image (I'm not

    >> Warning: unable to open an initial console.  Kernel panic: No
    >> init found. Try passing init=option to kernel

I'm not familiar with the PCG-GT1 but if it has a USB floppy drive the
Woody boot disks just will not work out. I've read reports on using
custom floppy disks. Google away. See, for example,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2002/debian-laptop-200205/msg00230.html

Basically, you need a bf24 boot disk that includes the correct USB
drivers. Unfortunately I've never actually tried this (I have a N505VE
with a Sony PCMCIA CD-ROM).

Cheers!
Shyamal