Re: Switching from static IP to DHCP

I've been wrestling with the same problem. It would work on static
addresses, but if I tried the dhcp entry in /etc/network/interfaces
eth0 would come up, but without an ipaddress. I finally looked at
/var/log/syslog and it said to make sure that CONFIG_PACKET  and
CONFIG_FILTER are defined in the kernel.

A quick kernel rebuild solved the problem.

Now I've got to try and figure out how to change from network to
network. the man page on interfaces seems to have about 80% of the
information you need to actually get it to work.