Re: DVD/CDRW drives support

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 23:19, Matěj Hausenblas wrote:
> Hello List,
> I would like to know, if in general nowadays the DVD/CDRW drives on laptops
> are supported by cdrecord and if getting them to work is the same as getting
> a standard drive to work on a desktop PC. (I mean ide-scsi emulation, or even
> better true scsi).

Should be no different from regular drives... hardware wise they are all
the same to the system (either scsi, ata / atapi)

Usually it works best to enable ide-scsi emulation on the ide drives and
then you can usually use the 'generic-mmc' or 'generic-mmc-raw' drivers
for cdrecord / cdrdao

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT