Re: airline travel with hitech gear? (a bit offtopic)

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:27, Hubert Chan wrote:
>
> They claim that the risk is of taking something flammable or explosive in the
> bottle.  However they don't bother about bottles of mineral water, so a
> terrorist could fill a water bottle with something clear such as methylated
> spirits.

Not true everywhere. Flying out of SFO, I was asked to open two bottles
of water in my carryon so that the screeners could smell them.

I had a cup of coffee with me, and they asked me to take a sip of it
before going through. (There's a security failure here, if you think
about it.)

Maybe I just look swarthy and dangerous.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org
Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate that.