Re: Thinkpad R32 clock too slow

On  0, Stefan Rotsch <linux@stefanrotsch.de> wrote:
> I faced the same problem with my R32; a possible solution is to use ACPI
> instead of APM - with ACPI, the clock stays "in time". Before abandoning
> APM you should know the R32 has a buggy ECDT table in it's BIOS, so
> the latest ACPI-patches won't work. IBM proposed an update, but hasn't
> released it yet.

Ok, i'll look into this ACPI stuff. I tried it, but it didn't work
properly. The power saving function didn't seem to work, maybe because
of this bug So this might be an explanation. Considering your statement
and the BIOS Update ChangeLog, it seems the Version 2.04 doesn't
already contain a corrected table?
Had anyone tried the patch from here:
http://www.poupinou.org/acpi/ibm_ecdt.html ? It seems it adresse
exactly this problem.
But even if it would contain this fix, anyone experience in flashing the
thinkpad bios without a windows installation? Maybe with a boot cdrom?

nicholas