Re: Mail (smtp) config at different locations. Script or ..?

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:55:59AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> > (the trick, is that courier is configured to send anything saved to that
> > box.. must be in 822 format, which mutt does.)
>
> how do you accomplish that?

/etc/courier/imapd:

##NAME: OUTBOX:0
#
# The next set of options deal with the "Outbox" enhancement.
# Uncomment the following setting to create a special folder, named
# INBOX.Outbox
#
OUTBOX=.Outbox

##NAME: SENDMAIL:0
#
# If OUTBOX is defined, mail can be sent via the IMAP connection by copying
# a message to the INBOX.Outbox folder.  For all practical matters,
# INBOX.Outbox looks and behaves just like any other IMAP folder.  If this
# folder doesn't exist it must be created by the IMAP mail client, just
# like any other IMAP folder.  The kicker: any message copied or moved to
# this folder is will be E-mailed by the Courier-IMAP server, by running
# the SENDMAIL program.  Therefore, messages copied or moved to this
# folder must be well-formed RFC-2822 messages, with the recipient list
# specified in the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: headers.  Courier-IMAP relies on
# SENDMAIL to read the recipient list from these headers (and delete the
# Bcc:
# header) by running the command "$SENDMAIL -oi -t -f $SENDER", with the
# message piped on standard input.  $SENDER will be the return address
# of the message, which is set by the authentication module.
#
# DO NOT MODIFY SENDMAIL, below, unless you know what you're doing.
#
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

> that functionality is built into offlineimap. check out the
> preauthtunnel configuration.

(mine actually does more, like work out if it has to log into the firewall
first, then port forward from there.)

But yes, if offlineimap does it, use that. Probably added after I started
using it.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

        The first 90% of the code in a project takes 90% of the time.
         The next 10% of the code will take another 90% of the time.
                                                 -- J. S. Labuschagne