Re: CD-reader on SONY VAIO SR27K

Am Sonntag 09 März 2003 17:35 schrieb blair.kelly@att.net:
> : block=66 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,

Make sure your kernel support VFAT and ISO9660. The relevant kernel options
are:
CONFIG_FAT_FS=y
CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=y
CONFIG_VFAT_FS=y
CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
CONFIG_JOLIET=y

> > Make sure to enable the sony interrupt controller in order
> > to be able to set screen brightness and use the jog-dial.
>
> Can you tell me what kernel option (in .config) this is?

CONFIG_SONYPI=y

Once you got that compiled in, you can do
  apt-get install sjog

This will install a Jog-Dial program for X (sjog) as well as the command line
utility spictrl which you can use to set the brightness.

Keep us updated on the progres.

Cheers,
  Andre