Re: asus L3800 c

Hi.
I've bought a L3C also. This one is running fine, with a combination of
woody + sid's Xfree86. I have no locking in X, whatsoever. The only thing
I still miss is DRI that is not working properly (I can't see the gears of
glx-gears).

You just need to
1 - install woody
2 - add the source line for sarge/testing (that has the same Xfree that sid/unstable)
3 - apt-get update
4 - install X (will be upgraded if you had already installed the one from woody)
5 - remove the source line for sarge/testing
6 - apt-get update
7 - Install whatever you want more.

apt runs fine like this, no dependencies problem.
I would advice you to install sinaptics driver for the touchpad, it's
great.
I'm running kde 2.2.2 without a problem. Klaptoptools is a great add for
getting the battery monitor (I think you'll need the apmd also)

Now, if you can get the following things, I would like to know how:

a) Getting framebuffer to work with a debian kernel. (I've only seen
"home-made" kernels doing this)
b) Shut the fan down. I really like working at night with no noise..

Are you sure your hardware is ok? I'm having no lockups...
good luck!

--
		        	Joao Pedro Clemente
        			jpcl @ rnl.ist.utl.pt