RE: help install toshiba satellite 2435/S255

I had no problem with installing SuSE linux with XP on my computer. You just
need to set it up right.

You will need to get partition magic and move your XP partition to the end of
the drive and then resize the XP partition the way you want. You do this under
XP.

Once that's complete, you are all set for install of linux. I have the same
exact computer as you.

The key part you must know, is that Linux (or any unix OS) must run on the
first 8 gigs of the HD. Plus, it's prefered to run it this way anyways.

You will not loose anything if you use partition Magic 8.0. This setup only
took me about 2 hours total. The only section I am having troubles with is
setting up the sound. If you have any advice or have found anything please let
me know. Thanks!

----FROM WEBMAIL ACCOUNT---