Re: Sarge on Dell Inspiron 4150

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:36:04AM -0500, Ramkumar Chinchani wrote:

> I am having trouble setting up PCMCIA on this laptop. I installed the
> kernel-image-2.4.20 and the corresnponding pcmcia modules as well.
>
> However, when pcmcia comes up, it says, it cannot detect any devices
> corresponding to i82365.o module and it never comes up.

If it is anything like the I4000, then it probably uses yenta_socket
instead.  While I was upgrading to a 2.4 kernel, I ended up having the
following snippet in /etc/default/pcmcia:

    PCMCIA=yes
    if [ $(kernelversion) \> 2.2 ]
    then
            PCIC=yenta_socket
    else
            PCIC=i82365
    fi
    PCIC_OPTS=
    CORE_OPTS=
    CARDMGR_OPTS=

since the 2.2 kernels needed to use i82365 instead...

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com   http://karl.jorgensen.com   JabberID: linux_geek@jabber.org