different paste buffers?

Hola~

Here's a goofy problem I can't quite figure out. I use rxvt as my terminal.
In some applications (not all the time), if I select text, I can't
middle-mouse paste it into rxvt. However, if I start up xterm, I can
middle-mouse paste it into xterm.  I can select text from xterm and paste it
into rxvt. So, I find that I open xterm, paste into it, select it in xterm,
paste into rxvt.

I thought there was only one paste buffer and the pasting was a function of
X, not really the terminal. Obviously, I'm not correct in that...

    Why is it possible to middle-mouse paste into xterm but not rxvt?

    Is there a good way to fix it?

MO

--
Michael O'Brien                                                         Tools
Pixar                                                       mobrien@pixar.com

PETE:    Who elected you leader of this outfit?
ULYSSES: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for
         abstract thought.