Re: Framebuffer on toshiba

Hello Hugo S. Carrer (hscarrer@efn.uncor.edu) ;
On 19.02 (Wednesday) at 15:44, you wrote :

> > try
> > vga=792 (for 1024x768 24bps)
> > vga=791 (for 1024x768 16bps)
> > vga=789 (for 800x600 24bps)
> > vga=788 (for 800x600 16bps)
>
> I just tried those modes and I get "Unknown mode ID, try again". My
> video board is a S3 virge mx so I've tried the modes listed in de
> vesafb documentation that comes with the kernel.

vga=791 should *replace* vga=ask in /etc/lilo.conf, not be an answer
to the question (vga=ask)ed. Afterwards, run lilo (-v to see what it is
doing).

And if you want even more room in your console (and have good eyes
;-), run

 $ consolechars -f /usr/share/consolefonts/lat1-10.psf

(10,12,14,16 available)

If you want to add it on shell startup, try

  if [  $TERM == "linux" ]
  then consolechars -f /usr/share/consolefonts/lat1-10.psf
  fi

in .bash(rc,_profile)

Hope that helps,

--