Re: What to choose? Mac or PC?

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:33:45AM -0800, Pietro Calogero wrote:

I agree in almost everything you said, but i'd like to add a few things.

> Dear Matej,
> I recommend getting an intel-style laptop, simply because so many
> components are available at lower prices, both new and used.

Right now with usb and firewire almost all hardware using these buses can
work either on i386 and macs machines. And take in mind that mac computers
use to be highly equipped.

> Apple has had better quality-control over the years, which is why my
> 1995 Powermac7500 is still running so well. In the i386 world, Dell has
> emulated this practice by testing the components that go into their
> notebooks. I have also been surprised at how much support IBM provides
> for its older machines, and they continue to update BIOSes, etc. for
> older machines. I am running Linux on a 1998 ThinkPad 770.

yes, but that extra care makes their products more expensive, and their
prices are almost the same as mac's titanium notebook (I've dreamt with one
of those a few times ;)

I'm not a mac fool, i just saw an old mac machine working, and i found that
i made a wrong election choosing a toshiba laptop
(also excuse me, i understand english, but writing it it's a bit different)

Aritz Beraza Garayalde