Re: CD-reader on SONY VAIO SR27K

    "blair" == blair kelly <blair.kelly@att.net> writes:

    blair> Does anyone have an idea what the message that I get in
    blair> /etc/syslog when I insert the PCMCIA card for the CD-reader
    blair> means:

    blair> : cardmgs[339]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource
    blair> temporarily unavailable

On my Sony VAIO N505VE I had to (config.opts)

exclude irq5
exclude irq7
exclude irq9

and also (/etc/pcmcia or ????)

PCIC_OPTS="irq_list=10,11 has_ring=0"

to get my PCMCIA driver to work. On the CD-ROM I had to set it to boot
mode "boot" as opposed to "cardbus" but you probably already knew
that.

See if this helps....this is all with the i82365 driver, but the same
files worked with yenta socket as far as I remember. I'm sorry I am
not able to lookup my laptop right now, this if from notes I have. If
you need more information just ask.

Good luck!

Cheers!
Shyamal