eth0: dropped interrupts!!!

Hi All.

I have some trouble with my pcmcia networking.
I'm Running woody with a self copiled 2.4.20 vanilla kernel and pcmcia modules
from the kernel and not from pcmcia-source package.

what happens when I start pcmcia is that everything works but I keep getting
eth0: Interupt(s) dropped !

 cat /proc/interrupts gives me:
           CPU0
  0:      70238          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       2144          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          3          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:          8          XT-PIC  Texas Instruments PCI1225, Texas Instruments
PCI1225 (#2)
 12:       4299          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      13846          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0

lsmod gives me this:
pcnet_cs               10816   1
8390                    5904   0  [pcnet_cs]
ds                      6408   2  [pcnet_cs]
yenta_socket            8704   2
pcmcia_core            32992   0  [pcnet_cs ds yenta_socket]
rtc                     5692   0  (unused)
soundcore               3460   0  (autoclean)

and when I insert the pcmcia card it tells me it uses IRQ 0
I tried it with the pcmcia-source modules with i86395 instead of yenta_socket
and it then uses IRQ 3 without dropping interrupts.
The card is a noname pcnet_cs 10mbit ne2000 which works.
just those messages on the console are kind of annoying.
so how can I tell the card to use IRQ 3 ?

for reasons of simplicity I would prefer to stay with the kernel modules.

Thanks for any hints
benny