Network card Accton EN2242

Hi everyone, this is my first time in.

I´ve got a laptop with a mini PCI combo drive which includes a Lucent winmoden and a Accton EN2242 network card which i can not configure.
The version of my kernel is 2.4.20 and i have the tulip driver loaded.
Sometimes the machine recognizes the card and i can use mozilla and use the internet, but some other times does not. If i do and "ifup eth0", the system says that it´s already configured, but it´s not working at all.

If someone can give us a hand....thank you.