How to disable the 'Stand-By' mode on APM? and ACPI problem...

Hi,

I don't know why but my laptop crashes whenever it enters the stand-by mode. (it works fine with suspend) how can i disable it, or, make it behave like the suspend mode?

I'm using kernel-24.18-5 from debian how can i use acpi to do the same as apm? i've compiled it with acpi and all i can get from acpi is system shutdown. i can't suspend or stand-by. if i apply the acpi patches from acpi.sf.net my kde doesn't recognizes the acpi subsystem. if i use the default kernel acpi my kde (3.0.5a) recognizes but can only show the battery status).

Thanks,
Paulo Lopes.