Re: ACPI Patches and make-kpkg

>>"Carl" == Carl Baldwin <carl@ecbaldwin.net> writes:

 > Has anyone been successful in compiling a recent kernel with recent
 > ACPI patches using make-kpkg.

	Can the kernel be compiled using make bZImage? make-kpkg is
 merely a thin wrapper on the top that takes the compiled kernel and
 packages it -- it has no effect on whetrher the kernel compiles or
 not.

 > I am considering going to compiling the kernel from the kernel.org

	I always compile kernels from kernel.org using make-kpkg -- I
 don't see how the origin of the kernel sources is relevant to the use
 of kernel-package.

 > Should it be reported as a bug in make-kpkg that these patches won't
 > apply???  make-kpkg is really nice but it seems like the sources
 > should match the sources from kernel.org more closely so that patches
 > such as ACPI don't have a problem.

	Again, make-kpkg is ot responsible for whether ot not patches
 apply. And make-kpkg works fine with kernel.org sources (I am
 surprised that you think there is an issue there).

	manoj
--
If it pours before seven, it has rained by eleven.