Getting PCMCIA to work?

I have a Dell Latitude CPi D266XT laptop running Debian sarge, and I'd like to get PCMCIA working on it, so I can use my 3Com Ethernet card. But it's not working and I can't figure out why.

I have modules 'kernel-image-2.4.19-686', 'kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.19-686', and 'pcmcia-cs' installed. When I boot, I get these errors:

Starting PCMCIA services: modulesLinux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Intel PCIC probe: not found.
/lib/modules/2.4.19-686/pcmcia/i82365.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
ds: no socket drivers loaded!
/lib/modules/2.4.19-686/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not permitted Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
 cardmgr.

'lsmod' says that 'pcmcia_core' is loaded, but from the above I'm assuming it doesn't work.

'/etc/default/pcmcia' says:
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=

What do I need to do to get PCMCIA support working?