Re: Thinkpad T30 Specs

Daniel Pittman wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, arief mulya wrote:

As the laptop arrives just now, I'm preparing to install a Sarge on
it. I've already done repartition. [Why does IBM need to use that 3
Gigs for recovery anyway...]

According to their support people it's either a deal with Microsoft to
"prevent piracy" or a way to keep their support costs down, depending on
where you ask.

Suspend to disk fails for me, but the other function keys and the volume
control keys all work. Also, the extended "Internet" keys work fine as
normal keys.

IIRC, Fn-F7 (suspend to disk) works by suspending to that 3GB recovery partition, but YMMV. (this was from a tp600, which had a much smaller recovery partition...)

-g

--
Glen Mehn	glen@burningman.com
"if you ever swallow the universe, remember to spit the dragon