Re: via8233 & alsa --> solution!!

Hi all!
I have now the solution. As  usual it seems easy now, but i was really
puzzled before,so i feel stupid... just kidding!!
Results from lspci -v (with new  http://pciids.sourceforge.net/pci.ids
in /usr/share/misc, thanks to Christian Ionescu ;) )
00:11.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 23) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
        I/O ports at 1200 [size=32]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

00:11.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 23) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
        I/O ports at 1300 [size=32]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

00:11.4 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 23) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
        I/O ports at 1700 [size=32]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 AC97
Audio Controller (rev 30)
        Subsystem: Citicorp TTI: Unknown device 118e
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
        I/O ports at e100 [size=256]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

00:11.6 Communication controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Intel 537 [AC97
Modem] (rev 70)
        Subsystem: Citicorp TTI: Unknown device 118e
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
        I/O ports at e200 [size=256]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. [ProSavageDDR K4M266]
(prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Citicorp TTI: Unknown device 118d
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
        Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Memory at 90000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

As you can see, there are a lot of people for IRQ 10, and the AC97 has
several function!

What is interesting is the I/O and IRQ. A cat /proc/pci confirmed those
informations (maybe they're linked? i don't know how they're managed!)
Anyway, i forced these settings in my /etc/modutils/audio (i called it
audio, it doesn't matter!):

#ALSA
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-via8233
options snd-card-0 port=Oxe100 irq=10 # this is the key entry i added to
make things working!!
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss

and then update-modules and modprobe snd-via8233 and... miracle! it
works!!

Thanks for all the supports i received!!