Re: How to have more than one window manager?

Seneca wrote:
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:00:06PM +0000, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:

I'm not using a display manager, but I'd still like a choice of window manager when I startx. How is this done?

You can install something like selectwm, and in your .xinitrc make the
last line be "exec selectwm".  After your next startx, configure
selectwm.

Thanks: selectwm gets me most of the way there. However, it offers me a choice of zero window managers. There is no example .selectwmrc file, no docs about how to put wm alternatives into .selectwmrc, and I can't get through to the homepage.

Please could someone show me an example .selectwmrc file with a few alternative wms? Then I'll be sorted.

Best wishes

Ivan