Re: Kernel 2.4.20 + PCMCIA not working (testing)

* Cesar Rincon <crincon@et.com.mx> [2003 Jan 24 17:05 -0600]:

> It is a module.  That (useful) piece of advice should be read: "try
> yenta_socket instead of i82635".
>
> E.g., try
>
> PCIC="yenta_socket"
>
> in /etc/default/pcmcia
>
> As far as I remember, yenta is required in machines that would otherwise
> use i82365, when using the standard Debian 2.4 kernel-image and
> kernel-pcmcia-modules packages.

Thanks CR.

That did the trick.  At least I can feel confident that 2.4.20 will
support my hardware.  I'll probably roll my own kernel anyway just to
save disk space and memory bloat.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and