Re: X crashes if I'm idle

James D Strandboge wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 14:17, Frank Trenkamp wrote:

Hi Ivan,

X is in VESA mode, as the Thinkpad has unsupported Radeon video.

Mobility 7500 Radeon? You will most surely need XFree 4.2.x, by now
finally available in in unstable (and testing? dunno). I've been using an
install from binaries from XFree86.org - running fine for months now.

This is definitely true.  There are woody debs available that work great
too.

xfree86 4.2.1-3 is available on testing, so it looks like the best path would be to upgrade to that, and see if the problem remains. I assume there are docs on te debian website about upgrading from stable to testing, so I'll RTF them.

Best

Ivan