Re: ANN: new maintainer for Synaptics touchpad driver

Werner Heuser <Werner.Heuser@web.de> writes:

> - Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad
> - Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the touchpad

Combining the above two doesn't seem to work for me.  That is, two
short clicks followed immediately by a drag doesn't do the drag part.
The old driver does this, and it is often convenient, e.g. for
selecting regions of text including full words only.

Is there an option to turn this on?  If not, could one be added?

(Same for triple clicks...)

Thanks,

Dan