video on toshiba satellite 1800-100

Hello everybody,

I want to use xine/mplayer or watever movie reader on my laptop, and can't get
it work.

The reader (xine) effectively reads the avi file. The sound is ok, the CPU is
40% used but the video view is like bad synchronized : it's like if several
frames were displayed in different places and the result is like a puzzle
(Quite hard to describe ; I hope this is clear ...). It's like if the sync was
bad.

I tried xine-check, but everything seems all rignt (result below).
I also tried to searsh google, but didn't find anything...

My debian is a Woody CDrom based.
The video ship is a Trident CyberbladeAi1 and is fully supported with XFree
4.1 . It is properly configured and glxgears works.
Mtrr is activated.
The kernel is a home-compiled 2.4.19 .

I hope that this clear enough as I realy searched a lot and don't even know
what/where to look for.

Thank you,

Thierry.

Results of xine-check :

benita@laptop:~$ xine-check
Please be patient, this script may take a while to run...
[ good ] you're using Linux, doing specific tests
[ good ] looks like you have a /proc filesystem mounted.
[ good ] You seem to have a reasonable kernel version (2.4.19)
[ good ] intel compatible processor, checking MTRR support
[ good ] you have MTRR support and there are some ranges set.
[ good ] found the player at /usr/bin/xine
[ good ] /usr/bin/xine is in your PATH
[ good ] found /usr/bin/xine-config in your PATH
[ good ] plugin directory /usr/lib/xine/plugins exists.
[ good ] found input plugins
[ good ] found demux plugins
[ good ] found decoder plugins
[ good ] found video_out plugins
[ good ] found audio_out plugins
[ good ] skin directory /usr/share/xine/skins exists.
[ good ] found logo in /usr/share/xine/skins
[ good ] I even found some skins.
[ good ] /dev/cdrom points to /dev/hdc
[ hint ] /dev/dvd is /dev/dvd, not a DVD device
         /dev/dvd is the default device that xine uses for playing DVDs.
         You could make your life easier by creating a symlink named /dev/dvd
         pointing to your DVD device (something like /dev/scd0 or /dev/hdc).
         If your DVD-ROM device is /dev/hdb (slave ATAPI device on primary bus),
         rm /dev/dvd
         ln -s hdb /dev/dvd
         typed as root will give you the symlink.
         Alternatively, you can configure xine to use the real device directly,
         using the setup dialog within xine, but I can't check your DMA
         settings in that case...
         press <enter> to continue...

[ good ] found xvinfo: X-Video Extension version 2.2
[ good ] your Xv extension supports YUV overlays (improves MPEG performance)
[ good ] your Xv extension supports packed YUV overlays
[ good ] Xv ports:  RV15 RV16 YV12 YUY2
tbenita@laptop:~$

--
Thierry Benita