Re: Problems with IrDA printing on Compaq Armada M700

Hi Lukaxz,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:45:02PM +0000, Lukasz W. wrote:
> thanks for your tips - I read your FAQ before, but still can't make my
> priter work. `dmesg' says there are two ports: /dev/ttyS0 and
> /dev/ttyS2, and because I have only one serial port on the laptop, I
> suppose /dev/ttyS2 is IrDA port. I still get SOME response from the
> printer (i.e. the LED blinks from time to time), but that's all. I
> though maybe someone owns similar laptop and has the experience... :-)

 in my E500 the ttyS2 is the IrDA port in SIR mode, to use the FIR mode
I had to add the following to /etc/modutils/irda:
options smc-ircc ircc_dma=5 ircc_irq=3 ircc_fir=0x100 ircc_sir=0x3e8 ircc_cfg=0xe0
alias irda0 smc-ircc

and to /etc/serial.conf:
/dev/ttyS2 uart none skip_test

Use at your own risk ;-) Also read the Infrared HOWTO. Oh and
ocassionally my irda doesn't work on bootup and I have to stop it,
escpecially when running from the battery.

KH
--
// In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates ? //