Re: Network discovering... too many options

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 04:51:06PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  I was looking thru the selection of network discovering scripts in
>  Debian and I'm perplexed.  The task is relatively straighforward: given
>  a laptop and a network connection spit something that can be used to
>  configure the laptop for the current network environment.  Why are
>  there _so many_ options then?  Let's see (feedback appreciated):

It's an interesting topic... and in fact I have a laptop from august
2002 and I have no stable network configuration system yet, with no
PCMCIA.

Ah... you forgot netenv that is the application that shows a menu during
the boot.

--
Christian Surchi, csurchi@debian.org, christian@firenze.linux.it |   ICQ
www.debian.org - www.softwarelibero.it - www.firenze.linux.it    | 38374818