i830M resolution

Hello!

My Acer TravelMate has an Intel 830M graphics chip. With the 2.4.18 Kernel
(agpgart included) and XFree86 4.2.1 (driver i810) I get nice pictures.
But if I connect an external monitor to the notebook, both displays work
at wrong resolutions. As far as I know, it should be possible to set the
resolutions of both displays independently. It even should be possible to
show different contents on both displays. Does anyone know, what is
possible under Linux, and how?

Lars Stollenwerk

--
Lars Stollenwerk