Slightly failed Hard-Disk-Upgrade

I have followed the Hard-Disk-Upgrade to the best of my ability,
upgrading the 3.5 gb hard drive on my old pentium 100 (Dell) laptop to
a 30 gig hard drive.  Everything went well, except that when I boot I
get the following:

Then everything stops.

My /etc/lilo.conf looks like this:

lba32
disk=/dev/hdc bios=0x80
boot=/dev/hdc1
root=/dev/hda1
map=/flash/boot/map
install=/flash/boot/boot.b
vga=normal
append="apm=on"
default=Linux
image=/flash/vmlinuz # This drive is mounted on /flash when
                     # performing the upgrade
        label=Linux
        read-only

The new hard disk is being accessed by a PCMCIA hard disk card if that
makes any difference.  I /can't/ make a boot floppy, as the floppy
drive in this laptop is non-functional, so can anyone suggest a way
that I can resolve this problem so that I can boot off the new disk (I
do have a workaround, but I want to use the old disk in a new old
laptop very soon).

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Kieren