Re: Handling wired and wireless interfaces

I am interested too ;-)

Martin Skøtt wrote:
On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 11:38:59PM -0800, Raju Kurunkad wrote:

Hi,

Is there some tool to differentiate between wired and wireless networks?  My
default network is wired, but I use a wireless sometimes. In those cases I have
to wait for the wired connection to timeout before using the wireless
connection. In there any workaround?

Raju,

I use ifplugd on my laptop and it works just great. Just install the
package and remove the auto eth0 line from your interfaces file since
ifplugd now configures the interface when a cable is plugged in.

do you have both a wired connection (eth0) _and_ a wireless connection (wlan0) ?

Thanks,
Jerome