ACPI and random characters - problem.

Hi all,

I have noticed a strange behaviour on my Asus lately.
When ACPI is enabled in kernel (I have tried 2.4.22
and 2.6.0) sometimes keystrokes seem to be generated,
though I do not actually press the keys. The test case
is as follows:

 1. while true; do cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ/temperature; done
 2. edit a text file
 3. walk the text using arrow keys / page up and down
    keys

This results in certain characters inserted into edited file!
I can even say that for every key inserted character is
always the same:

 left arrow inserts a '4'
 right arrow inserts a '6'
 up arrow inserts an '8'
 down arrow inserts a '2'

Also, sometimes X server thinks that some of the function keys
(Alt/Shift/Ctrl) are pressed though they are not. Its like
it notices that a key has been pressed, but does not notice
that it has been de-pressed.

I have lived with it for some time now, but I would really
like to fix this... feature ;) its kind of hard to code
while inserting random characters in between the lines...
Its good when i get a syntax error. But what if I do not? ...;)

Seriously, I would really need some help. Nothing on the
net. I only found one similar post, but it went without a reply.

Thanks.

Marcin