RE: upgrade the kernel?

> If I was going to pick a kernel for a stable machine, I'd probably pick
> a 2.4 kernel (2.4.23 if you're compiling your own

Well, I've started going down that path.  My first problem was installing my
own kernels.  After running dpkg -i newkernel.deb, my lilo.conf would have
boot=/dev/hda1.  For whatever reason, I would boot into L 10 10 10 10 10...
until I figured out to change lilo.conf to have boot=/dev/hda.  I kept
thinking it was some module I enabled, so I spent lots of time trying
different variations from make xconfig.  I finally started playing with
different lilo.confs before I figured the boot value.  Any ideas on why I
need boot=/dev/hda?  (sorry, I didn't spend a lot of time reading about
lilo).

Now that I've got that working, I'm back to hacking on the wireless card.
Got to figure out the "right" way to get the pcmcia-modules package to build
the orinoco_cs module.  For whatever reason "make config" doesn't ask me the
right question about radios so that DO_ORINOCO gets set.  I'll figure that
out tomorrow morning.

So, umm, kind of an embarrassing question.  How do I get the source for said
2.4.23?  (sheepish grin)  I don't see it dselect.  I'm using the sources for
2.4.18.

Thanks,
-Tim