Re: IBM 760XL

Dimitris Kogias wrote:
Forgot to clarify, that was also with a 3c589<x> card.

Dimitris Kogias wrote:

It sounds like you're still in the installer stage. I had a similar problem installing woody on an older iSeries. If I answered "yes" to the "is your ethernet controller a PCMCIA card?" then it would consistently fail to be recognized. Probably something weird going on with the way card services are set up during the install. However, once I answered no to that question the card was recognized and I was able to net-install without problems. YMMV, of course.

D.

Brian Ronk wrote:

I just got a 760XL and would like to put Debian on it (mainly because I can install over a network) I have a 3Com EtherLink III, 3C589D-TP, PCMCIA card for network. I'm having a problem getting it to work though. Do I need to add a module for this card to get it to work correctly? I'm not finding it listed under the net module category. If I can get this working, I should be able to install over the net without a problem then.
Thanks for any help.
Wow, that worked. I must say that's one of the strangest things I've seen. A PCMCIA card that's not PCMCIA. Thanks for the idea.

--
Brian Ronk
System Administrator