Re: A little area for console (COMPAQ Presario 2500)

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:07:11 +0000
Jesus <jbq@telefonica.net> wrote:

Hi,

> 	I'm a COMPAQ Presario 2500. I like work on text mode (with
> console). In console, the work area is the middle of the total screen.
>
> Anyone know anything about this problem?

This behaviour appears when the LCD is not ran at its native resolution
and doesn't interpolate it. You need to set up the framebuffer to run
the console at the LCD's native resolution.

Try to google for 'linux framebuffer howto'

Cheers,
Serge