Re: WLAN with the Linuxant driver

Magnus von Koeller wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to get WLAN to work on my Dell Inspiron 500m with Broadcom-based wireless adapter. I installed Linuxant's DriverLoader driver (the trial version) and the module seems to work fine. It loads into the kernel and I have successfully uploaded my Windows driver via the webinterface.

iwlist scan also works, displaying the access point I want to connect to. However, I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to start this interface. I have configured eth1 (that's my wireless device) to use dhcp just like my normal net connection - as it connects to the same network.

Now, I tried to just ifup eth1 but that fails. Then I specified the WEP key in interfaces and that gets set correctly. I tried setting the essid through iwconfig but that gives neither an error nor does it change anything.

I'm confused - what am I supposed to do to set up a wireless connection in Debian?

Try "dhclient eth1". I had to do this to get it to request a DHCP address. you might also be able to use pump.

--
Somewhere there is a village missing an idiot.