Realtek PCMCIA-LAN

Hello list,
i'm currently trying to set up an older Sony Vaio PCG-F801A(533Mhz,64Mb RAM) with deb. 3.0(unstable/update-stat from Dec.10,2003) Today i've bought an adapter for pcmcia-lan from SiteCom(Cardbus Pc Card Fast Ethernet 10/100),and tried to get it to work.Neither pcmcia-cs-3.2.6 nor the kernel
2.4.18 compiled with all necessary pcmcia-options helped me out.
Even Kernel 2.6.0-test11 with both Realtek Drivers didn't worked properly,too. The problem seems to be the driver,because neither dhclient nor dhcpcd could retrieve an ip.tpcdump only shows the packages from my machine,but no answers.Physical cable connect is ok,but no ping or any other network connection is working. ifconfig shows the card (with option '-a'),cardctl ident return to correct string. A friend of mine(and happy debian user) gave me an Orinoco Wlan-Card,which is running well.

Has anybody an idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Tino.
Ps:sorry for my bad englisch,as you've surely already noticed i'm not a
native speaker..