Thinkpad T40p, linux 2.6, ACPI

Hello.  I just got a new Thinkpad T40p.  It's a very nice machine, and
is quite well supported under Linux 2.6.0-test11.  ACPI stuff works
pretty well for the most part, except for one major problem: I can't use
it to shut the machine off.  If I run "shutdown -h now" the system goes
through all the shutdown steps as usual, but never actually causes the
machine to power down.  It ends in a state where the kernel is
apparently no longer running, and the display is shut down, but the
power LED is still lit and the internal fan (and maybe the hard drive)
is still spinning.  At this point, to get the system to finish turning
off, I either have to remove the battery and AC cord, or hold the power
button down for something like 10 seconds.

Does anybody know of a workaround?  Is this a bug?

Thanks.
noah