Re: Debian/GNU Linux on the Toshiba Tecra S1

Hey Michael!

Thanks for your wonderful document on installing Debian on a Tecra S1.
I'm doing the exact same thing right now with a friend.

We've however come across a weird issue: after installing it for the
first time, the mouse and keyboard worked beautifully. After about an
hour, my friend told me that something strange had happened (no
explanation) and that X had died, with the console filling up with
messages like:

Dec  8 00:25:14 debian kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not
present?(ed)
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not
present?(ed)
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: unrecognized scancode (68) -
ignored
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian last message repeated 3 times
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: unknown e1 escape sequence
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: unrecognized scancode (75) -
ignored
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: unrecognized scancode (64) -
ignored
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian last message repeated 2 times
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: unrecognized scancode (65) -
ignored
Dec  8 00:25:16 debian kernel: keyboard: unrecognized scancode (64) -
ignored

whenever the touchpad was touched (or the touch point thingy). Is this
the same issue you had? (you didn't describe your issues, only your
fixes)

Also, I'm interested in the keyboard mappings that you did. Would you be
able to provide a little more information about what you did?

Thanks,
Vance Lankhaar