Re: hardware acceleration for GeForce2Go -- GL_EXT_bgra not supported

Jason Kraftcheck wrote:

Philipp Bliedung wrote:

Hi,

How can I activate hardware acceleration for my GeForce2Go Grafikkarte -- Dell Inspiron 8100 ??

When I try to start Americas Army (www.americasarmy.com) i get this error message:

~/programs/armyops$ ./armyops
GL_EXT_bgra not supported - bailing out.
History:
Exiting due to error

I am running Debian woody with backports for Gnome 2.4 and KDE 3.1 ...
(NVidia driver: 1.0-4363)

How can I activate GL_EXT_bgra support ??

glxinfo gives me this:
[...]
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
server glx extensions:
  GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
  GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
[...]

I see GL_EXT_bgra listed further down in the glxinfo output (in the "OpenGL extensions" section):

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro4 700 XGL/AGP/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.4.0 NVIDIA 44.96
OpenGL extensions:
    GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_multisample,
    GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_shadow,
    GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression,
    GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_add,
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,
    GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix,
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_window_pos,
    GL_S3_s3tc, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,

Upgrading to the newest driver did the trick.
I thought that wouldn't do anything, since i had a fairly recent driver but with driver 1.4.0 NVIDIA 44.96 it is working

Thanks,
Philipp