Debian on a Tecra 700ct

First I'd like to let y'all know I've got a new web site up on my install of Debian Woody on a Toshiba Tecra 700ct. It's at:

http://web.netstartel.com/~cage47/_wsn/700ctp1.html

I've got a good install and worked through some of the catches to installing debian or any linux on toshibas. Thing is though I have hit the wall with getting it to power down on shutdown. It worked with the 2.4.18bf24kernel but I had to recompile with the standard 2.4.22 kernel from kernel.org but now it won't power down. And I'm trying to find why my samba daemons don't start right adn I have to start them manually. But One catch I haven't been able to find anything on is the fact that I have also the Deskstation V and have it configured and it works fine. But there's nothing on getting it to eject the laptop from the menu. I can't even find references to this. In windows there is a menu option to eject the laptop but there's nothing in linux on this. Wondering if anyone else has worked on the Tecra line, the 700 series in specific (700, 710 720, et al) I've submitted my site to Linux-laptops too and have seen all their sites but the ones there seem to be kind of out of date except for one Tecra 530 site. But anyway I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience on these to brainstorm ideas with. Maybe get them on the site.