Linux 2.6 and APM

Hi folks,

I'm a laptop newb and i'm trying to get APM to work with 2.6-test11.
APM was working great with the stock debian 2.4.18-bf kernel but i moved to 2.6
to get smooth DVD playback (works really nice).

I'm looking for a pointer to a tutorial or clues as to what i need to migrate
to work with 2.6 and APM.

It's a Fujitsu C series 6651 with a PIII Celeron and Intel 830 AGP.
I'm running Debian Woody stable [pre-breakin :)] with some source compiled
tools required for 2.6 (ie module-init-tools).  I'd be more specific but i left sshd off at home and i'm currently at work.

Thanks for any help.
--
-Jeremy