Re: Debian Users...

xfce4 (and, consequently, xfwm4)

I like xfwm4 because it allows me to do everything with the keyboard (which is one of the reasons I really liked ion), but it doesn't force me to, like ion does.  Also, it also gives me the eye-candy lovin' that I crave (which was another drawback of ion).  Additionally, I can have as many workspaces as I want (I have 11 full atm :o), and I can create them on the fly with a key-combo; that means I can have the majority of my applications maximized.

my list of past window managers, in no specific order

relatively recently:

oroborus + keylaunch	(one ancestor of xfwm4)
	I like oroborus for basically the same reasons that I like xfwm4 (they
	are pretty much the same WM wrt interacting with the user)

ion
	I like ion because it allows me to do everything without using
	the mouse; I can organize my windows efficiently and in a
	non-overlapping manner.  Also, it lets me name my workspaces so I can
	access them all quickly.

metacity	(another ancestor of xfwm4)
	I like metacity because of its appearance and it's user interaction.
	Unfortunately, it doesn't allow me to control everything quite as easily
	as oroborus.  Additionally, changing keymaps is a pain unless you run
	GNOME (which I don't).

waimea
	Similar reasons to oroborus.  I stopped using waimea because the main
	developer went on vacation and didn't come back within a year.  I was
	planning on installing kahakai, but I installed oroborus first (I had
	used oroborus on and off during the past months/years)

long time ago:

windowmaker
enlightenment
afterstep

I don't run GNOME or KDE because of their high memory and disk-space consumption.  Additionally, they both have a massive amount of baggage to install with them, and are both very difficult to completely remove.

--
| Locked coathanger in car.                         |
|   Good thing I had a key.                         |