keys without a keycode and a modem on a proliant adaptor

Hi,

I've just bought a new notebook and now I'm tryin to set everything up for a good working linux. With Kernel 2.6 and powernowd it even consumes less battery power than windows. :)

I only have 3 problems:

1st are the keys for internet and email next to the power button (it's a Targa Visionary XP II (bought in a German supermarket called Lidl)) they don't send acpi events and showkey doesn't show a reaction when klicking (no, Xwindows is not running :) I also tried the xfree alternative for showkeys it doesn't show anything as well. Same goes for this Fn button (only in connection with suspend it sends an acpi-event!) So my question: is there a (still) working kernel patch or userspace program to receive the events send by these keys.

2nd on the front panel are some mp3-buttons (from what I discovered they are called SuperDJ) -> is there an existing program catching these? (again no scancode!)

and most important number 3:

The internal soft-modem is very slow, so I went out and bought a usb2serial adaptor in 2.4 it works very well with the pl2303-driver. But in kernel 2.6 pppd always writes

Nov  8 15:53:09 moppim pppd[1211]: pppd 2.4.2b3 started by moh, uid 1001
Nov 8 15:53:10 moppim chat[1213]: Can't get terminal parameters: No such device
Nov  8 15:53:10 moppim pppd[1211]: Connect script failed
Nov  8 15:53:11 moppim pppd[1211]: tcsetattr: No such device (line 1002)
Nov  8 15:53:11 moppim pppd[1211]: Exit.

Minicom is working. Wvdial dials and start pppd but the connection is not working. After killing wvdial pppd again says tcsetattr: No such device (line 1002)

I tried it with
ppp 2.4.2+20031002-4 (and some older versions)
libc6 2.3.2.ds1-9 (and some older versions, as well as libc6-i686)
wvdial 1.54+20030509-1
Kernel 2.6test7-9

From what I discovered with google there has been a rewrite in this module, so is this a nown issue or where can I report this?

Thanks for your attention.

cu
/Steffen

--
/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict