Re: Occasional short flicker from time to time on my Toshiba S 5200-902?!

> >   I am running unstable, Kernel 2.4.22 and KDE on the a.m. laptop. As
> > video driver the binary driver from nvidia is used. From time to time the
> > screens flickers for a quarter of a second and then it returns to normal
> > operations. It never happens more than once a minute.
>
> Does the screen flicker off and on, or pause for a little?  On my old
> Toshiba (2775XDVD), the whole computer paused for a little; that
> precipitated the death of the hard drive.  If it's relatively new, though,
> that shouldn't be a problem (the drive on my 2775 was 3+ years old).

Hi,

  hard to say in these terms really. It gets black for a very short time, but
not the whole screen. It doesn't look to me that is completly blacks, but
more like switching to a different video mode. Again it happens very quickly
and I am almost sure it is not blackening completly and not changing the
video mode. Sorry for beeing so unprecise ;-(

  The temperature reported by acpi is around 50-60 degree celsius and I firmly
believe that the symptom is not getting worse, read happens more often,
during a session.

  I can't tell if the whole computer is freezing as it is much less than a
second.

  Can I provide any additional information? I attached my XF86Config file, but
doubt that is of any help. I don't have any relevant messages in syslog, but
would be happy to paste it also if that makes any sense?!

Cheers,
Mariano